vendredi 12 février 2010

Coco Avant Chanel

One of our boys is here! Do you guys remember Chung? He's currently studying in Lille now, no more Le Mans. But he's back for 2 weeks to celebrate Chinese New Year with his family. He gave me an early ang pao, only it is not an ang pao, it's something worth more than money!

Fresh from the oven


My precious....


Fabrique en France


Audry est Chanel


Thanks to Chung for this precious baby

I've been looking all over KL for this, but of course, they don't have it here. But I did look for it in Paris, but at that time the movie was new so they haven't come out on DVD yet. I actually wanted to watch it with my mom, but it's kind of not possible because I can't play it in a DVD player here because it is not the same, so the DVD player can't read it. Only in computers, cuz it is a version français. Speaking of that, yes it is in français with no subtitle. So sorry ma :( So, actually now I don't have to fly much to order stuff from France. Thanks to my friends :) Love ya'll!



Audrey Tatou stars as Gabrielle Chanel showing how a penniless girl with taste, elegance and style, overcome all odds and become a fashion icon. Now, I don't think many people know that she can sing but she failed to get steady work as a singer, then she met this rich, French textile heir Étienne Balsan, to whom she soon became an acknowledged mistress. Ya'll just have to watch the movie, I'm just telling you a lil' about her.

She lived in the Hôtel Ritz Paris on and off for more than 30 years, making the hotel her Paris home even during the German occupation. During that time she was criticized for having an affair with Hans Gunther von Dincklage, a German officer and Nazi spy who arranged for her to remain in the hotel. She also maintained an apartment above her couture house at 31 rue Cambon and built Villa La Pausa in Roquebrune on the French Riviera.

I'm sure all of you wants to know why she's never married..so, check out the movie!This is my favorite trailer of Coco Chanel. It's more elaborate.



And this is the english version..

12 commentaires:

lovelylin a dit…

cerita dia sangat tragic kan?! i bought mine from amazon UK so there's english subtitles! (cheating, i know!! haha)

Nazneen Zainal Abidin a dit…

Hi Nisa :)
Is the story line the same as the movie 'Coco Chanel' starring Shirley MacLaine?

La Mode Parisienne a dit…

Nazneen:oh i dont know dear, haven't watch it yet.but this film collabo wih Chanel brand itself.

La Diva: Yes,tragic,i wonder if the french women shaved her head cuz she was involved wth the Nazis.so kesian right..yours got English subtitle?so nice :)

12 février 2010 04:43

La Mode Parisienne a dit…

Nazneen: oh i saw it in the net.the one u were talking about is a TV drama right. but this one is actually a movie,it was on the cinema in Paris last year. i don't think they show it elsewhere other than France..i think.

Nazneen Zainal Abidin a dit…

oh tak, the one I watched is a movie. I bought the dvd. Very good story line but the ending is so sad. You should watch it too :)
xoxo

La Mode Parisienne a dit…

ive tried to look for the trailer in youtube,tapi takde :( only this coco avant chanel yg keluar.

Nazneen Zainal Abidin a dit…

found it for you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5aIywO5DhU&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlURJNEIxSc&feature=related

La Mode Parisienne a dit…

thanks :)

natessa a dit…

hey nisa...how weird...i just finished watching the movie and you just wrote about it...i love the movie...enjoy the movie ya :) -tessa-

La Mode Parisienne a dit…

hehe..watched it before but i didnt have the chance to buy the dvd there,cuz the movie was still new back then :) I think they should give more infos bout her in the movie..

rizalman atelier a dit…

dear, speedy video in pavillion has plenty of this! go get for ur mom..kesian dia. Anyway i enjoyed both versions

La Mode Parisienne a dit…

really?? ok,imma check it out sometime later!